Plants avaiable from our Nursery and Online
below is some of ranges of plants we grow
- Agapanthus, also known as the African lily, is herbaceous perennial.
- Alpines are plants that grow best in alpine condition
- Clematis, is a climber that can be used in a garden to cover walls, and climb pergolas.
- Perennials,Often used in large groups for bedding and are also a useful container plant with bold brash flowers
- Iris Brearde, Easy to grow provided that you plant them in a sunny site with well-drained soil.
- Lupins are perennials which start into growth after the last frosts, produce their first flush of flowers in late May / June
- Salvia, Often used in large groups for bedding and are also a useful container plant with bold brash flowers
- Trees & Shrubs, we a widy selection of Acers, Prunus, Highy scented Lilacs and a range of fruit trees
Now Available Bedding plants and Hanging baskets
Packed with colour and scent this part of the gardening calendar is a must for every garden, whether it is a small pot by a window, hanging baskets on walls or full on borders of colour. Planted outside from the beginning of June these plants will flower until the first frosts of the year, which is round mid-October. We grow a range of plants that we trust to perform in our local area. Where possible we grow modern F1 hybrids for their added strengths and not cheaper inferior seed options.
Choose from our range of pre-planted baskets or bring your existing basket for us to refill.
Our Experience of plant mixes, styles and colours have won awards for local towns, shops, hotels and carvan sites. In 2019 we supplied 'Ilfracombe in bloom'
Gardening Service around North Devon
We offer a fully comprehensive range of gardening services Gardening service around North Devon
- General Garden Services:regular or one offs, Including:- Lawn maintance, Pruning, Tree & shrub planting, hedgecutting garden clearance.
- Landscaping/ Garden Design : small, large we create plan using our local knowledge and experience.
- Tree Surgery: With our training and skill we can renovate a tree with branch removal and thinning to remove diseased areas and constrict the growth as well as removal of the complete tree. We chip all cutting to be used by you as mulch or reused at our nursery.
- Water gardens:Creating a water garden or feature in your garden requires careful thought, is it for wildlife, aquatics, or as a focal point with sound, reflections and movement. Having decided why you require a pond or water garden we can give you advice based on our experience on the correct location, size, shape and depth required as well as carry out the construction.
- Specialist Prunning: With our thirty years of experience gained growing plants at our nursery in Barntaple and gardening for clients across North Devon we have a wealth of knowledge on when, how and if you can prune a particular plant, with the renovation of older mature fruit trees and wisteria being a specialty.
- Commercial/Holiday Home
Plant fairs and Local Markets
Normally can be visited at a whole range of plant fairs and markets through out Devon, All of these fairs are currently cancelled due to the current restrictions , however you can still visit us at Exeter Farmers Market Every Thursday, 9am - 2pm, South Street/Fore Street.
General Tips for Now
- Prune climbers and trees
- Tidy and cut back herbaceous perennials
- Don’t prune any hydrangeas, leave until next Spring
- Cut back any hardy geraniums
- Crop things such as beetroot and salad leaves
- Deadhead any roses
- Keep the lawns cut and tidy
- Keep any beds tidy and cut back
- Weed any vegetable patches
- Visit your local garden centre for new and interesting herbaceous perennials